SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013

EricKLYC is on a distinguished road
Re: Aureus XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
... impressive and somewhat stark all at the same time, and far too much reliance on systems (impressive machinery space, though) As to the tool storage (and knives).. very trick and clean but only good for those specifics.. hope there's room somewhere for a regular toolbox.

Of course it's all moot anyhow, the price on this baby must be something else.

Too bad Google doesn't do audio translate yet.
I fully agree. A blue water cruiser should first be simple and efficient, with good back-ups in case of failure of all the gizmo's. Also the galley and saloon/nav configurations don't seem seaworthy to me.

Otherwise this presentation is no less, no more than a good commercial talk, so the images mostly speak for themseves. The extra valuable information is:

* Only available in two cabin version, both with en-suite heads/showers;
* The saloon configuration can be changed;
* Self tacking or 105% solent;
* Teak deck or easy maintenance imitation (as shown);
* Last but not least:
- 1.200.000 € full option ex VAT (carbon/epoxy hull, deck; carbon mast/boom, 4D sails, hydraulic systems, genset + hydrogenerator, dishwasher, multimedia, airco, etc., etc.)
- or from 800.000 € ex VAT for a much more basic version (glass/epoxy, aluminium boom, Hydranet sails and without the rest of the above).

So even with the Euromillions jackpot in the pocket, I would personally re-think a lot about this kind of yacht before considering even the ARC.

Best regards,

Eric

Last edited by EricKLYC; 12-02-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook