SailNet Community - View Single Post - Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013

miatapaul is on a distinguished road
Re: Starrett-Jenks Morgan45 info-opinions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickHowk View Post
Hey guys it's Mick. Been gone for awhile. I see we haven't had many posts in some time. I'm about to pull Mysti out of the water next week at the Salt Creek Marina. Going to sit it next to Orion for inspiration. Going to have the bottom done and replace all of the seacocks so I can sleep better. About ready to head to Belize. I've managed to get in some good sailing in the last year but I'm getting tired of the Tampa Bay and will be looking to move further south soon. I figured out this boat will never be done so why wait. As CAPTAIN RON said "get her out on the ocean. If anything is going to happen , it's going to happen out there.

BTW I did have a chance to meet Charley Morgan and I raced Mysti in the annual Morgan regatta. Mysti performed well and was probably the number one photographed boat at the regatta. The Skipper on the other hand has no idea about sailboat racing. I got DNF place whatever that means; first I think! (in my mind anyway) I registered her as an Morgan OR45. (Ocean Racer 45) this was the original designation for this boat and perhaps we should pick that up in our discussions. If any of you are around the Tampa Bay in April they will be holding this again and you can find it by a search on the "Morgan Invasion".

I'd love to see a photo of popeyes Ketch.

Mick
s/v Mysti
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook