SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Aureus XV

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post
I fully agree. A blue water cruiser should first be simple and efficient, with good back-ups in case of failure of all the gizmo's. Also the galley and saloon/nav configurations don't seem seaworthy to me.

So even with the Euromillions jackpot in the pocket, I would personally re-think a lot about this kind of yacht before considering even the ARC.

Best regards,

Eric
I would not agree with you on that one. The boat can be sailed solo with all those electronic and hydraulic controls but can also be sailed the old way, manually. You can have more (sail at the touch of a button) but still you can sail the way all the others boats sail, manually. So only gains nothing to lose. I would also point out that those systems are used on maxi yachts (100ft) for many years now and have reached a very good degree of reliability.

sure the boat lacks hand holds but that is a boat with a very high degree of customization so that would not be a problem.

Regarding not doing the ARC on this one I hope you are kidding. This boat as I have said can work with hydraulics and electric engines but can also be sailed manually as a back up. It even has a self tacking stay sail. This boat is a carbon boat, very strong and with a huge stability. Eric, this is a 15 m boat with over 12 000kg od displacement a B/D ratio of 35% almost all of it in a torpedo at 2.60m . I am quite sure it is a very seaworthy boat not only to do the ARC but to go anywhere.

Click on the red dots and you will see that the boat is not just talk but the specifications are as impressive as the price

Wild luxury yacht - The Aureus XV sailing yacht presentation

If I was very rich this one would be on my short list.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-02-2013 at 01:53 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook