SailNet Community - View Single Post - Keeping track of recipes ...
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2013
Admiral

janice142 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to janice142 Send a message via MSN to janice142 Send a message via Yahoo to janice142 Send a message via Skype™ to janice142
Re: Keeping track of recipes ...

I like writing notes and mostly use 3x5 cards. Still each time I read a ladies magazine I try to find at least one recipe to clip and attempt. Too often I find myself fixing the same things over and over. The "try something new with each mag-rag" seems to get me out of my food rut and has opened up new vistas. For instance one recipe called for all sorts of tropical fruits (based on chicken) and because I had a fruit cup ... well, adaption is almost always necessary but I don't know that I'd have tried dumping a cup of mixed fruit on an almost done chicken thigh. Surprisingly (to me at least) it tasted very nice and I've since tinkered a bit.

Just a couple weeks ago I dropped off a 1949 cookbook at a marina swap library. I'd not used it for over a year and it was just "one more thing" aboard. So now it's not! I do still have Grandma's cookbook circa 1946 and a few loose pages from recipes I've cut from magazines. Tomorrow I'm going to shore so will try to roust up some ingredients and try something new.

For me, I'm just not as comfortable using an electronic version of a recipe. It's the notes in the margin that make a real cookbook a treasure, isn't it?

Good luck to you wind_magic and happy cooking afloat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook