SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Sailboat Wanted Indonesia

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  hongkongsailing 
#1 ·
For next year 2003 me and four of my friends intend to sail Java tru Bali to Sumbawa (coastal cruise). Or the the opposite way. I''m looking for people with knowledge of where and how to purchase a 20-35 foot sailboat (in Indonsia). We are experienced sailors and wich to get a hold of a more native style boat for the adventure mentioned above.

If you do have any information that you might think be of use to us please drop us a line or two.

Take Care /
Anders

#3 ·
Did not sail the route but did charter a 100'' dive boat for 2 weeks and covered almost the same area. Started near Komodo and went to sumbawa and flores. Stayed south because north near Maluccas is dangerous. The entire time I wished I was cruising on my 49''Morgan.

Did not see one cruiser. There is no infrastructure, no marinas and little security. But it is gorgeous. One of the best diving spots in the world.
As for buying a boat, I think you would be better off looking in Singapore or Malaysia.

I go to Bali but do not remember seeing any cruising. I think it is because of security concerns when offshore. Saw a number of native boats but not very seaworthy.

Waters in Thailand are safer.
I have a profile and boat pictures in the personal page section

Cheers H K Sailing

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.