SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
European Yacht of the year movies

Just great, thanks for posting. Beautiful movie, beautiful boats.

The Safier 26 looks very fast in light winds, the HR looks an old design and the Ice looks gorgeous on the inside and on the outside. I don't like that much the Mylius interior, but what a sail performance: There is an image where we see the Mylius overtaking the Ice, going closer to the wind with an huge speed difference of speed. We can see also that the boat is incredibly fast on the light stuff.

The interior of the Oceanis 38 looks fantastic but the sailing performance in light wind seems not better than the one of the Bavaria 37 that has now a nice interior and it is a fantastic package for the price.

The Dufour 410 interior is also fantastic but I have heard also some negative comments regarding the performance in light winds. In that respect it seems to share the disadvantages of the Oceanis 38...both has very large transoms that seem to drag a lot of water on that situation.

Regarding performance cruisers the Elan 400 and the Dehler 380 seem fantastic but the Dehler interior is just better in what regards space, taking into consideration that is a 38ft boat. The premier 45 sails like it looks: Great... very fast on the light wind.

On the special category the little Django seems very fast on the light conditions and the Essence is a cute traditional daysayler that sails very well (I want one to sail out of season). The Dutch are just great doing these type of boats.

Many other interesting boats like the Pogo 30, the xp 33 or the Contest. This one seems to sail very well for that type of boat and has a great interior.

What an amazing crop just for one year of production they will have a lot of difficulty regarding the choice among such nice and good boats.

For the ones that missed it, here is the first part of that presentation, I mean the testing for the European boat of the year:

Europas Yacht des Jahres 2014 - Teil 1 - Yacht TV - Segel Videos von Europas größtem Yacht Magazin

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-03-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook