SailNet Community - View Single Post - 'The Perfect Boat'
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007

zmfmd is on a distinguished road
sailingdog
regarding why nobody thought of that..well i thought of that..and am amazed why they havent..but it turns out i was wrong..they have and the lifeboats and similar boats mentioned in the posts do exist..but serve specific rescue functions. However i am still suprised why they didnt do it in small boats. I came up with several possible reasons:..maybe nobody cares..or is not interested..or because the cost benefit ratio is not rewarding from a buissiness /comercial point of view..or maybe the statistics dont support the "need" for it...or mmaybe those who would like to have such a boat are in no position to make it happen..or their needs are never expressed..or never reach those who design and manufacture boat...etc..etc..i can keep on giving a lot more reasons..but then what?..so what?..who cares?..ON THE OTHER HAND..why did Etap design their model?..i.e. an unsinkable boat as a sailing boat, or Bostnon Whaler as a power boat?..before they did them , and when they decided to do them..would your question/comment as to why nobody "thought of it before?"..i'm sure someone did ..but untill some hade the committment, will, and recources to do it did it become a reality. Thats how progress, or even simply fullfilling certain peoples need do changes/innivations/inventions/discoveries occur. But comments like yours are also important to keep things in check and in order..but then someone will always come along and have a different idea/opinion/criticism..etc..so where do you draw the line?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook