SailNet Community - View Single Post - FlyingPig story
Thread: FlyingPig story
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007
Senior Moment

SailorMitch will become famous soon enough
Can't argue at all with what you guys have said. Very well done. I have loosely followed Skip's planning, etc. from posts he has made over time on one of the Fla. email lists here on Sailnet. So it was a real shame to read about the grounding and the subsequent squabbles with a boat yard, etc. Obviously Skip and Lydia have looked back at what they should have done differently. We all would. They are very lucky that they are OK, and the boat has survived, too.

I totally agree with the comments about how seasickness impacts one's abilities in many ways. I do get sick at times, and sometimes it's all I can do to steer the boat. A lethargy takes over that's very hard to overcome -- except when it's time to lean over the rail.

"Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength." The Dalai Lama

good planets are hard to find-- a song by steve forbert

I have but one lamp by which my feet are guided, and that is the lamp of experience. I know no way of judging the future but by the past.-- Patrick Henry.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook