SailNet Community - View Single Post - FlyingPig story
Thread: FlyingPig story
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2007

soul searcher is on a distinguished road
I followed the the Flying Pig story on some of the other boards and here as well. Skip and Lydia sound like good folks and you hate to see good people come to grief.
One of the things that amazes me is the number of people that are sailing and going cruising that get sea sick.
I have never been sea sick but I have seen a lot of people suffering with it. And Ive seen them try every thing under the sun to get relief. I don't know what I would suggest as a cure. but I can tell you that I have seen people hurling with the accupressure braclettes, the electronic wrist band, bodine ,dramamine, motion ease, the patches, eating ginger, puttin mint oil on their tongue(dont laugh Ma Betty swears by it). and especially as SD pointed out after symptoms start It seems nearly impossible to get the person to recover. I guess what I'm getting at is how does anyone knowingly subject them selves to that on a regular baisis, And if you do how do you prepare for a long trip. Really if half the crew is sick you truelly are single handing because the other person is not functional as a watch stander.
Any thoughts
Matt

All boats are sinking it's just a matter of how fast.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook