SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full Keel
Thread: Full Keel
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full Keel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregonian View Post
PCP, this is for you, But I dislike getting off topic and I apologize.
I agree that a Bavaria Match 42 is probably faster than a Malo 43 on a short race course. (please dig up the PHRF numbers and help me out) It is a nice looking boat and has all the “fast” features. (pull up a picture and help me out again) Now put a 12’ RIB on the foredeck. The 20hp, 4stroke, outboard can go on the stern rail. The gasoline jerry jugs should be kept close by too. Are the bicycles on the stern rail also or are they in bags in the forepeak. This cruising boat will need extra water. Are the jerry jugs properly tied down along the deck or are you using a water maker? Don’t forget the extra diesel to run the charging system to make that water. You will be arriving at an anchorage. Don’t forget the stern anchor, and you’d better be prepared with a third anchor because s### happens. All the other stuff, the other 2000#s can be put away - somewhere. All in all you should just about be ready. Too bad all of that stuff is all above the waterline. Like anti-ballast. If you think you are ready, then go. It’s too bad though that you have had to add 60 seconds per mile to your trip. What’s the PHRF again?
PCP, I know this was all very childish but please be honest with me. Is the Bavaria Match 42 that is in the ARC+, however it may be configured, really as fast as the empty, crewed, Bavaria that is frequently raced?
Another exercise would be to visualize the very same kind of outfitting but on the smaller , modern, boats. If you do, you will visualize a slow boat. And Yes, it will be slower than a Laurin, or Westsail 32.
I don't know if you guys believe in all the crap you have being posting but the truth is that a Bavaria Mach 42 is much faster than a Malo 43, so much faster that any comparison in what regard speed is ridiculous even on a cruising configuration. The difference in rating (PHRF) would be like 50 points or so.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook