Thread: Full Keel
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Full Keel

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBurton View Post
That response is par for the course on this thread pcp. Things dont prove out what you stated earlier, that is: roughly paraphrased "this rally will show us that modern boats when loaded are faster than old boats when loaded" so you resort to insults. This was your idea to watch these boats ...."it will be fun" was your ending comment.
Yes, it has been fun! hahahahahaha

Do try to keep up.
Well, that is not nice. When you quote someone you should quote it correctly and that is not the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
This year ARC will be interesting to measure the performance of old bluewater designs with modern ones.

... 200 boats..Of course, the way the boats are sailed also counts but in so many boats we can easily discover a pattern and see if the claim that modern performance cruisers when loaded are as slow or not much faster than those boats. ...

....The subject here is the comparison of old designs with contemporary designs, fully loaded an on an Atlantic crossing.

ARC
I did not said modern boats but modern performance cruisers regarding old boats and that's because it was what you or someone claimed here, that a modern performance cruiser fully loaded was not faster than an old heavy design.

I said that the 200 boats of the ARC would be enough to determine a pattern statistically meaningful and instead you talk about the ARC+ a rally with about 30 boats that didn't fit on the big one and worse, among them there is only a performance cruiser (the Bavaria Match 42).

And then you talk about the performance of one old designed heavy boat as if it was statistically meaningful. Or you are just kidding or you don't understand nothing about statistics.

On that rally you have 5 old designed heavy sailboats: a Passport 40, a Moody 41 (old model), a Rival 38, a oyster 35 and a Laurin 32. All except the Laurin are on the tail, I mean, are the last of the rally, far away from almost all other boats and you take one single boat as statistically significant, regarding the performance of old designed heavy boats versus the performance of modern designed ones, forgetting the performance of the other 4 heavy boats:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBurton View Post
Paulo, is your only explanation that because the results don't fit with your theory the sailors are the difference? Its pretty funny that you left the caveat in your old post.
"Let me prove my point, but if things dont work out like I said they would, its because of the sailors" hahahaha
As you can see things prove my theory. Statistically old designed heavier boats are much slower and by far.

As I have pointed out there was no performance cruisers on this rally except for the Bavaria Match 42 that even if very badly sailed (26th in compensated time) it is a day ahead of the Laurin 32 that is very well sailed (7th in compensated) and it is an exception, not the rule in what are the overall comparative results of heavy old designed boats versus modern cruisers.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-05-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook