SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making Companionway Doors
View Single Post
post #26 of Old 12-05-2013
aeventyr60

Re: Making Companionway Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
I agree. I also have a Sunbrella cover that snaps onto the top of the aft end of the slider. It has a light batten sewn in at the bottom for weight. As I live aboard it makes it easy to open or close for ventilation or when leaving the boat. Also I can roll it up to whatever height I like and I use a small plastic spring clamp to keep it there. Often in the winter I will leave the bottom board (I have 2) in and almost close the gap with the flap. Allows for as much or as little ventilation as I want and makes it easy to come and go. When I want it totally open I just flip the whole thing onto the sliding part of the hatch.
All good! I added a few sinkers (weights) to the bottom seam. Also a few snaps along the bottom holds it securely in place and adds up to a real tight fit. Usually the first board is all I need. We made a second flap out of mosquito netting for when the bugs get bad and for ventilation in the tropics.
I guess we could add an eisenglass window too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome