SailNet Community - View Single Post - Making Companionway Doors
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013

aeventyr60 is on a distinguished road
Re: Making Companionway Doors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitiempo View Post
I agree. I also have a Sunbrella cover that snaps onto the top of the aft end of the slider. It has a light batten sewn in at the bottom for weight. As I live aboard it makes it easy to open or close for ventilation or when leaving the boat. Also I can roll it up to whatever height I like and I use a small plastic spring clamp to keep it there. Often in the winter I will leave the bottom board (I have 2) in and almost close the gap with the flap. Allows for as much or as little ventilation as I want and makes it easy to come and go. When I want it totally open I just flip the whole thing onto the sliding part of the hatch.
All good! I added a few sinkers (weights) to the bottom seam. Also a few snaps along the bottom holds it securely in place and adds up to a real tight fit. Usually the first board is all I need. We made a second flap out of mosquito netting for when the bugs get bad and for ventilation in the tropics.
I guess we could add an eisenglass window too...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook