SailNet Community - View Single Post - Rallies Gone Wrong
View Single Post
post #388 of Old 12-06-2013
smackdaddy
Last Man Standing

Re: Rallies Gone Wrong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonEisberg View Post
I simply think the organizers of the SDR have been unfairly targeted in this thread - especially when the way in which their rally is organized specifically places more personal responsibility upon each individual participant than the 1500, or most other rallies I know of...
The SDR has not been unfairly targeted in this thread. As Morganscloud said, ~5% of this fleet required SAR - in a "near gale".

Quote:
Morganscloud: My point is that this was at worst a near-gale at sea, more likely just a pretty normal frontal passage—not the Queens Birthday Storm or the 79 Fastnet—but nearly 5% of the fleet needed assistance. I think this is simply not good enough and reflects badly on all of us in the offshore voyaging community.
I completely agree with him. So, I think the real takeaway here is that the way their rally is organized seems to be wrong.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 12-06-2013 at 10:23 AM.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome