SailNet Community - View Single Post - woman singlehanders
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2007

JoJoRocks is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JoJoRocks
Lightbulb thanks CaM & SD

It's an honor just 2 get a reply from u guys...I been reading sailnet for some time now and the knowledge, advice, jokes u share is amazing....Like between you 2....the BLUEWATER4US guy... equipped his mind and his sailing boat... if he noted all that was shared to him he should be somewhere south... were you guys will be.......to take his offer on some free drinks...... in his DR bars...

The list goes on & on.... but that’s just one out of so many threads that I read and save to a document.... that I always see your name and your over flowing knowledge...

Actually.. I was looking up some sailing clubs today and making some calls..
I will drive from Lake Lanier, Hartwell, Savannah, Charleston, to Jacksonville just for some experience...
I am an EMT-I / Firefighter so I have a shift schedule of 24 hours on, 48 hours off and if I take a shift off I get 5 days free...

I love to drive and be on the road so jumping in my cruising van and camping in a near by location is no problem for me.. I am hoping since I am willing to labor for the tolls of sailing....that someone out there will take me in...for some labor and some $tips...

Plus, if I can keep the cost down during this learning process my better half will be happy and it might just give me the leverage I need to eventually buy a 23 to 26 trailer sailing boat...

like you guys have said over and over again... you can have all the book knowledge of sailing but if your not out there sailing... what good are you….
Plus if I remember right your advice to making a better sailor...is starting with a small sail....

Thanks again boys... for all u contribute 2 the sailing world...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook