SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Iy 15.98

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Looks very nice to me Paulo but it looks like a lot of other boats. I'm pretty sure I could be very happy with it. ...
Yes that is the problem. For giving the kind of money that boat costs, you need to have the money and to be in love with the boat. That is a nice boat but nothing exciting or something I could find perfect.

Now look at a direct competitor yet on the building phase, the IY 15.98:

The Waukiez is a 57ft the IY a 55ft the dimensions are very similar (except in lenght) with the Wauquiez displacing 18 000kg and the IY 15 800kg. Bigget difference is in sail area with the IY carrying upwind 180 sqm (with main and jib) and the Wauquiez only 143 sqm but with main and Genoa. Since I am sure both boats are well designed and the beam very similar that can only mean that the IY is a more stiff boat. They don't give the ballast but probably the IY has a slightly bigger B/D ratio but important part of the superior Rm will come from the difference in draft: 2.90m to 2.50m.

To be honest I would prefer 2.50m for cruising convenience but that would mean only probably less than a ton more on that bulb. Even so I believe the boat would be faster than the wauquiez, not that the wauquiez would not be fast enough

The really important part is the the IY makes me dream, that one looks like perfection to me even if I would be happy with one of their smaller boats.

The sailboat design is from Mario Cossuti and the interior from Emanuele Pillon but the boat concept is from the owners of the shipyard, Franco Corazza and Marco Schiavuta, that shared their vision with the designers.

To complete the magic the shipyard is in Venezia, once known to be the major naval power on the med and builder of magnificent boats. This one is worthy of the old tradition.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-06-2013 at 08:24 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook