SailNet Community - View Single Post - Reviews of some places on the Long Island Sound
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013

JimsCAL is on a distinguished road
Re: Reviews of some places on the Long Island Sound

Good info guys. Here's two additions to what's posted above:

Milford: I also have anchored MANY times off Charles Island. Last two years I've gone into the harbor and got a slip at Milford Landing. It's the last place up the river on the left and is a transient only facility operated by the town. Nice docks and very convenient to everything. The Stonebridge restaurant has very good food and the early bird deal is terrific (two complete dinners for under $30).

Westbrook/Duck Island Roads. I anchor here regularly also. The thing to watch is that the current is strong and if counter to the wind, you can have problems. Getting the anchor line wrapped around the keel or rudder is not uncommon. Just set two anchors at about 90 to 120 degrees and you'll be fine. For a real New England shore dinner experience, go to Bill's which is on Route 1 at the "singing bridge". Long wait for a table in season, so arrive early. You can walk from Brewers Pilots Point if you are staying there or take you dinghy up the river right to Bill's dock.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook