SailNet Community - View Single Post - Looking for live aboard in Olympia Washington ASAP
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2013

Nauti Ladd is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for live aboard in Olympia Washington ASAP

Hey Punchingbag-

I live in Olympia at Swantown Marina. It's run by the city and by all standards is considered the nicest. I love it, it's walking distance to downtown and the farmer's market, has nice bathrooms, etc. There are several others in the area, and you may be able to get live aboard status sooner at those (I had to wait a couple months before mine came through here, but I don't know what the wait list is like nowadays.) There is a place called West Bay Marina that is the one I might avoid. It is not so nice and not within walking distance to anything.

If you are looking for someone to help you shop- I bought my boat through the local boat dealer, capital city yachts. I didn't go anywhere else, and some of their brokers are real jerks. But Garret was great… helped me in a LOT of ways (like you, I did it in a rushed way, very 'spur of the moment' and have not regretted it). If you do call Garret, let him know Wade told you about him, he went the extra mile several times for me.

maybe we'll see you around Budd Inlet soon!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook