SailNet Community - View Single Post - Full Keel
Thread: Full Keel
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Arc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic30 View Post

Sure, I guess everyone knows it's a race whenever 2 yachts are in sight of each other and going in the same direction, so, statistically, picking the boats in the lead you should be right. Looking at the routes of some of them I'm just not sure your sample size is large enough or that the results of one "race" is enough to make a definite conclusion. Are there any past results available?
Yes, here you have the results of other editions.

World Cruising Club - ARC Results

If you go back on the interesting boat thread to November last year you will find there the coverage of that edition and the one the year before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic30 View Post
What about the Laurin 32?
That was on another rally one much smaller (a bit more than 30 boats ARC+). I have already explained that but it seems that the confusing.

Talking about the Laurin I love those guys and their spirit. They certainly very good sailors, even if not young...and that is even nicer. The boat photo shows them going across the finish line with style.

They have that boat for many years and cruised extensively. They made on that boat the first edition of this rally, back in 1986 with the Laurin.

"Even after this long and arduous trip across an ocean, the taste of a cold rum punch and a warm smiley welcome is enough to turn any tiring sailor into a giddy child.

Owner of the Laurin 32’ Corona AQ, Pekka Karlsson steered his boat into Rodney Bay Marina for the third time flying the ARC flag. He and his wife Barbro participated in the very first ARC back in 1986, and again in 2001.

Pekka thought his ARC days were up but when the news came that a new ARC rally had been launched taking the fleet via the Cape Verdes, he and his wife signed up and began preparing their ever trusty Corona AQ for another Atlantic crossing.

On arrival into Rodney Bay Marina Pekka Karlsson explained how ‘the Marina may have changed a lot but the atmosphere and feeling on arrival is just as good as I remember’.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook