SailNet Community - View Single Post - Going to look at a Watkins 27.....
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten
Re: Going to look at a Watkins 27.....

Sad, indeed it is, when ya hafta put the boat for the winter!
I needed to move to a Wintering slip last week. Came up suddenly, as I was "bending" the floating dock where I was. The slip owner mentioned a marina just up-rive that is usually very spendy. I called and got the "Chinese menu" of wintering prices. I settled on a bubbled slip for a mere $513 for the off season. Same slip would be $3500 for the 'season' !!!!!!
Arrived at the old dock at 9:30 and spent near a half hour to start he recalcitrant (cold) diesel. Once I warmed her up, I plodded slowly thru the thin ice of the fairway and motored past the empty mooring field and the few boats still in slips at the surrounding marina. Once out on the river proper, the water was like a sheet of glass.
I tried to time it that I'd have enuff water under the keel to get in w/o dealing with low tide at 1:37. Backed in on the first go and had her tied up well before the keel hit bottom.
I ned to get down and check her this week ; but the WX isn;t conducive to driving to the Bay just now. Perhaps when it stops snowing?? Had plans to cover her; but it appears that I missed THAT boat and might as well let her naked for the balance of the year. Who knows?

Last edited by deltaten; 12-09-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook