SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
ARC - Baltic 78

After the Gunboat 62 (the 2nd performance cruiser to finish) entered the Baltic 78, the 3rd performance cruiser, the one that was battling during the race with the smaller Marten 49, that finished close.

The Marten 49 (7th), that we had talked about is a Reichel & Pugh design, the Baltic 78 (6th) too as well as the Nauta 78 (3rd) and the Southern wind 72 (4th). From the 7 first to arrive only the Gunboat 62 cat (5th) and the two racers that come in 1st and 2nd are not designed by the American cabinet. What an ARC for Rachel & Puigh

I like more the lines of the Baltic 78 than the ones of the Southern wind 72 even if I cannot say the same regarding the interior style but that has to do mainly with the client taste. Both boats are not new designs but even if the Baltic is an year older it is the one that looks more up to date. In fact I bet that few if any would say that is a 14 year old design. Chapeau to Reichel & Pugh.

PS- Hey Erick have you been following the battle of "your" boat, in this case a British one, with a racing TP 52? Incredibly they seem to be winning.

The Pogo 12.50 is not only a very fast boat in a Transat (1 day ahead from the next 40ft) as that particular one is very, very well sailed: beating a racing TP 52!!!! what a shame for those sailors on the racing boat and what a feat for those guys in the Pogo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-09-2013 at 04:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook