SailNet Community - View Single Post - Radios...what to do?
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Question Radios...what to do?

I have been trying to decide on a new radio for the boat. I have been researching and comparing several things. Thoughts please...

1. Considering how quickly technology changes, (HD radio, satellite, etc) is the durability of a marine grade radio really worth the extra money, especially if mounted in the cabin?
2. Allot of the marine radios have the capability to access weather channels...worth it? (I have two VHF's that can do that.)
3. What about remote control...I would like to mount the radio in the cabin, as mentioned, but also mount a remote in the cockpit. I have had a difficult time finding radios other than marine style with remote control units? If remote, infrared or hard wired?
4. Are there any radio units that have 6-disk built into the same unit, like you find in allot of new cars these days. I am not opposed to buying a CD Changer as a separate unit, just looking for a possible easier install.
5. What about satellite radio? Better to have a Sirius or XM ready or a portable unit thats compatible with.

Thanks

1982 Tartan 37 CB - Hull #358

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by T37Chef; 03-10-2007 at 02:31 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook