SailNet Community - View Single Post - Bottom Job
Thread: Bottom Job
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007

Tom967 is on a distinguished road
I had my boat 7 months on the hard.."One of the perks here in Florida...So I learned and emulated from the very best..The pros and boatbuilders...Getting the old old layers of paint is the dirtiest job in the world..a bit dangerous I might add.."On skin and respitory system" and takes forever...and a pain in the ass for others working on their boats...What would take you two solid weeks can be accomplished in 40 minutes.."Call in the sandblaster"..

Now If you can afford a little time...get a gallon of 2 part marine tex and a putty knife..Fair this compound to your hull..sand it out.."A couple of days ...if you work hard"
Now use Pettit Protect.. follow directions closely...bonds with bottom paint..West marine bottom paint fine..in fact made by Pettit.."By the way the fairing compound will protect against blisters..Now you have ultra first class job.."Actually if you go to my website..www.afewgoodboats.com...I have pictures of these processes...Link #2..The Boatyard..Larry Link...one of the best..old school boatbuilder..
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook