SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbound View Post
Then if you can try to get a peak at the Chris white boat and save your pennies.
That one I don't understand. How a 47ft (Atlantic) cat that costs practically the price of a 59ft (Outremer) faster cat with the double of the interior space will save me anything? Anyway I have no money for any of them nor they are adapted to the type of sailing I do. For Voyaging and living extensively aboard I would be much more interested on the Outremer: Faster, nicer, with a lot more interior space with a better design and costing almost the same.

Quote:
Took at brief look at prices. The Danish boat is less money new.
I guess you looked here:

2013 Dragonfly 35 Sail Boat For Sale - www.yachtworld.com

2013 - Dragonfly 35 US$ 376,504

But I don't get it. That should be an absolutely naked boat and it is not the performance version I was talking about.

Look at the price of a 4 year old 35 Dragonfly on the US: USD 350,000

Lest time I checked the boat new and equipped went for something like 450000 euros.

Quote:
Have you sailed the farrier boats. Close friend is a dealer.they're a hoot for coastal sailing. Maybe you could put one in your garage and splash it when you need some jollies.
Dealer? The Farrier are production boats? Or are you talking about the Corsair?

No, the Corsair has not the same kind of finish, interior comfort and cruising potential the Dragonfly has and as I have said I do not want a boat to day sail. I cruise and live on the boat for 4 months a year and make several thousands of miles each year. My wife would not do it on a boat with the interior space of the Dragonfly 35. The type is okay and she likes the speed but I would need a 40 or 50ft trimaran for the interior space she needs to feel comfortable. A 50ft would have about the same interior space of the boat I have now. If the Dragonfly 35 costs that price, we would be talking probably of a boat costing a lot more than 1 million euros. That is completely out of question.

Quote:
Personally still all smiles with my boat. Don't see a multi in my future. Get old and totally decrepit be on a norhaven.
I am satisfied with what I sail. It is among the best I can afford and maintain for the life and sailing style we like. When I am old and decrepit I would change for a boat the same type as yours but with electric winches and computerized docking system

Quote:
What are you sailing now?
I have replied to that question a lot of times on this forum

One of these:

Yachts and Yachting Magazine ? Expert Sailing Techniques for Dinghies, Keelboats and Cruiser Racers, Bob Fisher's America's Cup Blog - Comet 41s Review

Comaryachts

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-11-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook