SailNet Community - View Single Post - New Racer
Thread: New Racer
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonic
Port means left. Starboard means right. Sheets are lines. Mains sheet and jib sheet. One controls the main sail, two control the jib, only one is loaded at a time. The one trimming the jib on the leeward side is the working sheet the one on the windward side is th lazy sheet. They lead to winches, allways wrap the sheet around them the way they spin from the bottom up, the more wind the more wraps you want. Usually three is enough for a smaller boat. Got to go. You'll get plenty more help here. PEACE HAPPY SAILING.
See...you can go now...good luck!!!

My advise...shut the hell up and listen to what they tell you to do...and do it...resist to the urge of replying.....at this stage you are not doing anything important other than getting the sandwiches, get the favorite drink to the MASTER AND COMMANDER, make sure you don't spill it, and sit with your legs over board, on the side that is high (don't confuse these or they will get slightly pissed off at you!!).

You go from Port to starboard, passing under the boom, DO NOT HIT IT WITH YOUR HEAD...will piss the owner off and will make all joke at you...duck, see observe...do 5 races and come back here....

RULE 1) SHUT UP AND LISTEN...you will agree with me in a year.
RULE2) See rule 1

As you go along see where and what position would you like to perform on the crew...tactics, helm, bow, piano, sail handler, bitch....then look at how and what the guy doing it now does it...see and SHUT UP...

Take this 3 times a day, with a galss of water, for 5 races....see me again after!!!

Just one question, how can you been racing along the coast in a boat you haven't seen??? have you actually raced already?? inside the boat???
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook