SailNet Community - View Single Post - insurance/survey
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: insurance/survey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markwesti View Post
27x10=$270. that exceeds the cost of the boat ? OUCH ! My broker is State Farm I have had good luck with them . Perhaps you could have another sit down with them and emphasize the situation that you only need liability . But really a survey is not the end of the world . Case in point , a guy bought a sail boat that was next to me . The PO rarely came to the boat , it had sat there for about 7 yrs. The PO was a good guy and wasn't trying to hide anything . The new Cpt. didn't get a survey. I was helping him with some stuff , and I said open up that seacock . It got loose! It was found that there was a steel reducer! (finest HomeDepot) . Another case in point, years ago a boat caught fire a couple of slips down from me it started at the shore power plug on the boat . Boat was a total ,me I was ok thank you. So to wrap things up here a survey might of caught these things .
i have nothing personal against a survey, although i'd rather get it after i repair the known issues. it's a financial thing. in other words, i can't swing the extra $300 right now.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook