SailNet Community - View Single Post - Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2013
Senior Moment Member

SloopJonB will become famous soon enough
Re: Low buck projects- Let's see 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta-T View Post
Nothing like a shower...Engine water heat exchanger. I think Jeep makes one like this. That is where I got the idea. I would assume this would work better with a sealer engine cooling system. Mine is raw water (salt in my case) and has been in use with no issues for over 12 years. I'm not looking to have a hot shower, but just to temper the tank water. Be very careful, the water can start off scolding hot! I would suggest adding a mixing valve to add cold water and adding a more even temp. and longer run time.

I ran the hot water to a hand held sink type spray head I keep coiled up in the Port Lazarette. Can also be used to wash down the cockpit. Or two birds with one stone.

What this plan does not point out is a 2 1/2" to 3/4" reducer on both ends.

And that would be my rebuilt Graymarine Sea Scoot 91 engine in that pic. Did that myself. Love to keep the original if possible.
Put another one of those on it and run engine coolant through it - your engine will love you for it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I, myself, personally intend to continue being outspoken and opinionated, intolerant of all fanatics, fools and ignoramuses, deeply suspicious of all those who have "found the answer" and on my bad days, downright rude.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook