SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Interesting Sailboats

After that list regarding all those modern luxurious medium weight, performance cruisers and middle of the road mass market cruisers all with great interiors doing a fast transat I cannot resist to repost this old post about marina boats. It seems that it is what they all are, at least in Gusmus opinion...... and now we are talking about them not for 43 pages but for more than 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusmus View Post

43 Pages and I'm astounded. 10% of the posts on here are about how the boat actually sails and about its seakeeping qualities. 90% of the posts are about how big the bloody shower is. Jeez. Buy a caravan or go sailing bluewater and then decide how big the shower needs to be after a force 8 or 9 kicks you in the butt.. I have read the thread in "Almost" its entirity, which, is the reason I felt the need to post as I did.

Looking through the lists and photos of most of the boats mentioned I'd have to say that there are a huge amount of non sailing dreamers and/or marina dwellers posting. There are basically three types of sailor. The racer, The cruiser, AND, The Marina dweller. All three have specific needs when choosing a boat, but, when looking at interiors which will obviously become exagerated tumble dryers in anything above a force 4 I'll stick to my last post. Buy a caravan.....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.