SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013

HMoll is on a distinguished road
Re: The first video with the new the RM 890, directly from the Nautic de Paris:

Voile and Voilers says about the boat:

"The much waited 890 RM that replaces the 880 does not disappoint on the quality of its design and on its accommodation: every detail of this Lombard Design is designed to facilitate navigation. The interior is bright and spacious and the boat feels like a much bigger boat. ..."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the new RM. I've had great expectations to see this little yacht. The new canopy line, bow and fixed sprit are beautiful. RM, Pogo and even Dufour have an important understanding of winch ergonomics that translate from solo sailing very well. Winch placement for crewed racing is very diferrent, and does not translate to easy sailing or shorthand cruising at all. That is a compromise of racer-cruisers. I think there is a concept of performance cruising in La Rochelle which is very clear and different from racer cruisers. Even with a full family on board, especially with children, we find ourselves single-handing, and when things are in the "right" place for a single-hander, there is no need for "move out of the way", "pull here when I say", and all that yelling I often hear in some boats. Precisely why many families drop out of sailing, because they can't enjoy it while they're at it.

The canopy of the new 890 looks great, but too bad it doesn't work for the headroom (OUCH!). They should've stuck to the high 1060 canopy. I'm hoping they do a 1065 with the sexy lines of the 890. It would top my list for my next boat. That new Pogo 30 is a close second and the Dufour 310 looks great too.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook