SailNet Community - View Single Post - stabilizing the boat?
View Single Post
post #34 of Old 12-14-2013
deniseO30
Oday30!

Re: stabilizing the boat?

fj when you finally get er rigged and out there. Just stay in the shallows. and remember to never tie or lock the sails in place.

Old saying.. "when in doubt.. LET OUT!"
Has saved more then a few of us from getting wet. I owned my 30 footer 2 years before I was fiannlly able to "dip the rail" when solo on the boat.

I was into canoeing for many many years... getting past the fear of "going over" is really something to enjoy rather then fear. Yes, your little one is too small to be out there yet but that will come in time. You can use the racing dink as a day sailer if you reduce sail and choose your weather. Lots of floatation can make it easier to right the boat if she does go over, and the mast float is a very good idea.

Denise, Bristol PA, Oday 30. On Tidal Delaware River, Anchor Yacht Club.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My last project!

My boat is sold!
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome