SailNet Community - View Single Post - Annapolis Book of Seamanship New Edition
View Single Post
post #8 of Old 12-15-2013 Thread Starter
johnsail

Re: Annapolis Book of Seamanship New Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatapaul View Post
Oh it is meant to be a compliment. Books that I really like, I like to have available as much as possible. I don't think the physical book is at all over priced. It is a LOT of printing and a lot of work! Kind of like buying the CD because you like the quality of the music (even though an album sounds even better, they don't do well on a boat!), and then getting the MP3 to have with you on your portable device. Digital formats on books are great, but are still in a state of flux as far as price structure goes. Seems that for an extra few dollars you could provide both as a package deal(I understand this may be out of your control). I still prefer to have a paper version, as it is not dependent on batteries or electronic devices in order to read it, much easier to take notes and mark pages and what not. But I also appreciate the advantages of being able to carry around thousands of books on one compact device. So if I am traveling for work I can take a tablet and have my library available to me, and when business traveling light I don't think I would want to carry a book like this way to big!

I look forward to this book coming out and will likely pre-order it.

As a Kindle-user, I appreciate your point. Eventually the book business might appreciate it, too, but right now it's struggling to sort out this clash of conflicting technologies.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome