SailNet Community - View Single Post - Dufour 38 - anyone have info?
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007

magnusmurphy is on a distinguished road
I currently am trying to sell my Dufour 36 so obviously you might think I'm biased. However here is what I can tell you:

We really enjoyed the Dufour for what we did with it; which is coastal cruising all the way from Vancouver to Alaska. The boat is perfect for that and very comfortable. I also completely disagree with the previous post indicating that Dufours are or were slow sailers. My boat regularly beat Beneteau 400s in friendly races. I never got the impression that it is slow and in fact always felt very excited about it's sailing abilities as well as safe and confident enough to take my young family into Alaska's wilderness away from civilization.

Our boat is well set up and extensively upgraded for coastal cruising on the West Coast. It comes with complete cockpit enclosure, heat, gennaker, radar, below deck autopilot with remote, increased battery capacity with Xentrex monitor, high output alternator, solar panels, chartplotter, ICOM 802 SSB/HAM with DSC, electric windlass with all chain and large CQR, custom woodwork inside for comfort and utility, extra bilge pumps, safety equipment and much more.

We're selling 'cause we bought an offshore boat. Anyone looking for a good coastal cruiser on the West Coast?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook