SailNet Community - View Single Post - catamarans
Thread: catamarans
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2002

Wega24 is on a distinguished road
catamarans

Geminis are real headturners.... TURN YOUR HEAD AWAY that is.... Try to find a couple of year old one and they look 20 year old. I hate ( well , that would be too harsh ) their lousy workmanship. And I am not even an expert. talk to any real expert and they will tell you the same.

Victory, yes I looked at one at annapolis. Lots of room, doesnt look like a boat inside and doesnt lokk like a boat from the outside. all that inside roominess makes the boat looking super ugly from the outside... I also dont like the cheapish looking panels and stuff inside. Somebody said that the place is run by an ex chiropractic who thought he could make some extr money , but got stuck with it. I think the company is for sale... Thats all hearsay though. 10 times better than the geminis though.

38 tobago YES I could picture myself in one. The pantry salon area is WONDERFUL. What I dont like are all the beds and the same stuff in both hulls. I dont need two showers and empteen beds. I want to be alone, the last thing is to have 6 other people on board. But I think its easy to make usefull storage out of at least two bedrooms.

Look also into the 36 foot PDQ

I have a few years before I really have to go out and look for one, maybe at that time the 38 foot prouts are reasonable priced.

Also the moorings 38 footer are nice, ( same as the tobago though, you have to get rid of at least 2 double beds...lol

Thorsten
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook