SailNet Community - View Single Post - Noise from dockline passing thru Hawse Pipe
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013

oceangirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Noise from dockline passing thru Hawse Pipe

I am about to experiment with a dyneema/dock line combo. Estarzinger gave me this idea from his snubber set up.
From cleat to about a foot outside hawsepipe dyneema, endura braid with eye, and cow hitch it to an eye of three strand, on the three strand I will have a bungee like snubber to absorb more shock loads. Make sense?

It's basically an anchor snubber set up, but tweaked for dock line. The dyneema has zero, well .06%, stretch so no creaking noises.

I haven done it yet, so many projects going on, but I will let you know how well it works for us.

As far as table in the main salon. We have the bulkhead model table and love it. We removed the starboard leaf and keep our engel fridge beneath. We can fold up the table to be completely out of the way. I did a little mod to accommodate a cross stitch my mother made me while she was sailing RTW(). It can still be stowed with picture in place..here is a pic if I'm not making any sense.
Pic coming

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~~Ocean Girl~~
~~Mrs. Rain Dog~~
1989 Pacific Seacraft Crealock 34 Hull# 142

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook