SailNet Community - View Single Post - Oriental to Baltimore
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2007

Archis is on a distinguished road
It's a 33 foot pearson currently with a 15 gallon tank. At this point I have three options.

Option 1 is Overland. I called an overland company and they wanted $1700 for the haul and a $1000.00 for the prep. Does that seem reasonable? I'll call some more if you folks think I can get a better price. If I could get her up here by truck for around 2k or less, that would make this option attractive.

Option 2 would be hire a delivery captain and bring her up as weather permits this season. With the correct timing I could get my buddy to captain the last several days of the trip. I've heard quotes of around $250 a day for a captain, does that seem about right?

Option 3 would be to keep her in Oriental this year. I can work on her and sail her this season down there to get familiar with her. Then I can bring her up next year myself.

Whampoa thanks for the sailcraft recommendation. Your the second person to recommend them. I'll call deepwater for a hauling quote. Any suggestions for a surveryor in ONC?

Cam thanks for the sailplan, that helps a lot.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook