SailNet Community - View Single Post - Noise from dockline passing thru Hawse Pipe
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013
Not Finished Yet

RainDog is on a distinguished road
Re: Noise from dockline passing thru Hawse Pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMLipiec View Post
We have the folding table and for the most part love the fact that it is out of the way most of the time and really opens up the boat. When down though, it is impossible to access anything under the port settee. Another thing to ponder - I wouldn't trust leaving it down while sailing for fear of damaging it if you are thrown against it. It isn't strong enough to withstand even a moderate lateral blow. So for passages, you have to work around eating and working without a table. I think the centerline table is better for working at sea. I'm not sure yet how I am going to deal with this admittedly small problem – although may become really annoying on a long passage. Everything is a trade-off, and nothing is ever easy when it comes to boats.

Hope that helps.
I am glad I opted for the folding table, and would do the same again, but it does make moving around the salon dangerous at times. I have more than once been thrown across the cabin. The interior does not seem small when you are falling from the starboard handrail to the port settee at high speed. Having the centerline table would sure make the trip forward safer in these conditions.
Pacific Seacraft 34 #142
Port Aransas, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook