SailNet Community - View Single Post - buying boat for PHRF racing
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2000

zaney is on a distinguished road
buying boat for PHRF racing

Well I have been racing class C size boats all my life. I have a merit 25 which is a killer. I can hang with the J24 upwind and I smoke em downwind and on re4aches. I think that a Tarten 3000 is a great bigger 30ft boat that rates 158-171 depending on the area. I borrowed one this year and smoked everyone. I did alot of work to get it back to racing conditions. but all in all it out preformed everyone else. so That is a good one to look at plus it is great for cruising,.... Umm person 30''s the old ones are pretty good all around boats. they are around 186 or so. Umm s2 7.9 are great boats allso. not much below but much more than my merit 25. Just in case yr wondering. I should have sold my merit yrs ago when I first noticed the deck delamintation. but instead of selling it, I currently have it in the back yard, with the deck off so I can recore the whole thing. That my tell you how much I love the way my boat performs...... Its a great boat. Capri 25''s do well also. ummmm who knows find a goodone. goodluck later
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook