SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
VK35 an Aluminium performance sailboat.

We had already talked about VK shipyard and design cabinet. The design Cabinet is Swedish but the boats are made in Poland and that allows for a very impressive price. They talk about 116 000 euros. That is an incredibly good price for a boat like this. That's true that I never managed to see the interior (I hope that price includes one) and that raises some doubts.

The boat is very interesting and the structure is very effective since it is a a cylindrical one that minimizes weight and maximizes strength:

The hull design seems very nice to me:

The boat dimensions are very interesting:

VK35 Technical data

Length overall = 10,6m
Length at waterline = 10,45m
Beam overall = 3,5m
Beam at waterline = 2,6m
Draft = 2,17m
Displacement = 5160kg
Ballast = 1600kg
Engine M3.28 20kW (27.2hp)
Mainsail area = 38.5m2
Genoa area = 36.7m2
Spinnaker area = 110m2

This is a light boat with lots of sail area. This one will not only be a good cruising boat but also will do good in club racing. The interior layout is a bit odd. It has a small saloon and what looks like a small cabin only accessible by the outside trough a small hatch???.

The boat is on the water and it looks good. It is really a shame the lack of creativity in the cabin port lights. It is true that cylindrical structure raises some problems but they could have used less ports and bigger fixed rounded plexiglas panels giving more light to the interior and allowing a more modern look to the boat.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-19-2013 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook