SailNet Community - View Single Post - Spirit 28 owners?
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2013

jmccraw is on a distinguished road
Re: Spirit 28 owners?

I ordered my replacement fixed ports from Mark Plastics in Corona, Ca. He made the original production run I believe. The total cost with shipping was about $640 appx. He has all the measurements . I reused my inside trim rings and painted them satin white.

It took 2 days. It wasnt hard, I completed mine back the first week in October. The new fixed ports have thicker(!/4in) harded acrylic and are tinted a medium grey. They keep out about 65% of the heat.

My small slider ports were replaced last fall with white Beckson fully opening raindrain window. They are slightly larger {5X10in) and I had to enlarge to opening some. They took one day to do. I have a friend in Little Rock, Arkansas who also replaced his windows on his Spirit 28 last year with ones from Mark Plastics and worked great. Now I have alot more ventalation!!!!
My daughter is making up new curtains that are white in the center and have top and bottom ruffles in a brown/black fabic for contrast.

I dont know how to send pix here on the website. But if anyone wants pix I would be happy to email them.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook