SailNet Community - View Single Post - How do you fund your sailing... Hints, tips, just frugal?
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2007

sailorjim99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Jody
About four years ago I decided I wanted a boat. From that time on I have stayed around home, no parties and worked and saved. (My wife wont let me use savings to buy a boat..She mentions something about lawyers, divorce and eternal damnation). Bought and sold a few things and now I am getting ready to seriously look at boats.
At the end of this year I will be 60 and that is when I promised myself I would be off on an adventure, one way or another.
So far, so good.
Less than a year to go and then I will worry about funding but over the last four years I have learnt that a lot of people will help you IF you ask.
I have asked here on sailnet, owners of boats, boat-builders and business owners.
Even at my age, I think I can still make a living on the water. Or rather, when I land and look for work. At least here in Australia I can.

I think the first thing to do is PREPARE yourself for a lifestyle change. When you do that, things should fall into place.

Good luck and maybe I will see you out there one day and you can tell me how easy it is to live a life YOU choose instead of one forced on you.

Jim.

Last edited by sailorjim99; 03-17-2007 at 11:03 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook