Old 12-20-2013
Banned

Brent Swain is on a distinguished road
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobperry View Post
Classic:
I don't have an easy answer for that.
My experience has been that those who need initials after their name to say what they can do cannot prove it any other way. I don't need to see initials afer a name. I need to see design work. I have been surrounded by this my entire professional carreer.

Does Bruce Farr put any initials after his name? Does Ron Holland?. Does Doug Peterson? Does Chuck Paine? Does Yves -Martie Tanton? Does Bruce King? Does Peter Melvin? Does Juan K? Does Mark Miills? Give me a phouquing break.
What a contrast with this discussion on BD.net On that site, Mike Johns ,Troy and the rest of the heckler pack, supported the claim that no one without letters after his name should be allowed to design boats, law enforced by an army of government bureaucrats armed with piles of law books. That would exclude most of the best designers of our time, and far back in history.
I was told that if I didn't put the qualifiers at the end of my posts, I wouldn't be allowed to post here, the same way Bob got the grumpy old man title. It was not my idea. Someone else came up with it.