removing sail numbers
I just finished removing sail numbers that had been on a sail for 13 years. I used a blow dryer to remove the letters and Goo-Gone for the residue. Admittedly the glue was tough. I had to let it set-up for a while and wipe away with paper towels and then reapply and wait and wipe again. Actually what ended up working best was to let the Goo-Gone set up and then gently scrape it to a center spot with a plastic scraper/squeegie and then wipe up the glob with a paper towel. When the layer of residue became real thin I went back to the wipe up only technique with the paper towel. Lots of elbow grease, Goo-Gone and paper towels will get the job done though.