SailNet Community - View Single Post - Which Laptops Has Survived Life Onboard?
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
I've had my Toshiba Tecra 8000 since it was brand new, and it is a PII 266 CPU-based machine...to give you an idea of its age. The only real problem it has, even after two years aboard boats, and another seven plus of being kicked around the country is that the battery is basically kaput. It isn't the fastest machine out there, and I only use it for a rather limited set of programs...but it gets the job done and would do 99% of anything I need a computer to do. Main reason I don't use it for more is I prefer working on my PowerBook... much more elegant OS....better software/hardware integration, better programs for most things, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook