SailNet Community - View Single Post - Best U.S. city for sailing, living aboard, working
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013
Not Finished Yet

RainDog is on a distinguished road
Re: Best U.S. city for sailing, living aboard, working

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldrich View Post
I do construction work.
I can only speak for my part of the world, but along the gulf coast you can sail year around, almost never have to motor, but it is hot in the summer. Still great sailing, just hot at the dock (need AC).

You can probably find construction work almost anywhere along the gulf, but for sure Houston (specifically Kemah/Clear Lake) has a vary active sailing community, tons of live-aboard friendly marinas, tons of jobs, lots of marine services and a low cost of living. Since there are over 10,000 slips on Clear Lake, there are also a ton of used boats for sail at any given time. Along the Gulf New Orleans and Tampa are really nice too, and have very active sailing communities. Not sure about the construction jobs.

If you prefer smaller cities, the Emerald Coast area of Florida would offer great sailing and should have lots of construction jobs.
Pacific Seacraft 34 #142
Kemah, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook