SailNet Community - View Single Post - Production Boats and the Limits
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Production Boats and the Limits

I guess you can add this one. It makes more my style of boat than the Bavaria: A First 40.7

(also posted previously on the interesting boat thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
.. ... for any form of cruising and there are almost as ways of cruising as there are different sailors, from the ones that only want to make coastal cruising to the ones that occasionally cross oceans till the ones that are almost always crossing oceans.

And even among those different categories you will find the ones that like to be surrounded with all comforts, the ones that enjoy simple life and simple things, the ones that need to carry a lot and don't mind having a slower boat and the ones that travel light and want a light and fast boat. For some, cruising with a lot of stuff is indispensable. The emphasis go with cruising and sailing pleasure is not so important, efficiency and comfort is what counts most. For others, cruising and sailing comes in equal parts and from them an enjoyable and fast boat is indispensable for having pleasure, as much as a boat that can carry a good payload is indispensable for the first.

Well, that is your cruising life style I am quite sure that for crossing the Atlantic I will not need more than 200 liters of water, a watermaker, some 90 liters of fuel and a boat that can really sail well in 6/7K wind. Yes I would need food and personal luggage, but I bet I will carry 1/3 of what you will need. That's just my style and I have found a wife that can live with that.

And if you think I am mad or that is no way to make a passage, nor a fast and light boat is the right one, take a look at this link:

giebateau.web-log.nl: 030 Bestemming Antarctica

I know it is in Dutch, but you can see the pictures (and they are beautiful) if you can not read it. It is about a couple that is travelling extensively:

They left Holland in the boat the skipper finds more adequate for him, a First 40.7. They are now exploring Antarctica. By the way they say that had got 60K winds and that while they were there 6 boats sank (probably true bluewater boats ). They say also that they have not found any particular problem that they could not handle safely.

They are just leaving....for Japan.
http://giebateau.blogspot.pt/p/blog-page.html

http://giebateau.blogspot.pt/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 12-21-2013 at 10:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook