SailNet Community - View Single Post - looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for past or present owners of 1970 through 73 cal 27s

i just thought of something. it was hard to see. perhaps it wasn't shed 80 but, rater, sched 80; as in schedule 80 PVC. i googled IBS and IBS precision engeneering group came up. i haven't checked far into it, yet, but, they do make sensors. i did snap some pics of plugged holes in the rear cabin wall, facing into the cockpit, that i suspect may have been gauge holes. the one was plugged permanently. it's around 4" across and round. the other had a 6" round access panel, with a screw in cap.

i haveseen a pic of another cal27 that has a second compass in the place where my boat has the access panel. perrhaps that's what is supposed to go there and the 4" ( capped ) hole was where the depthfinder was. or, perhaps the depthfinder went in the bigger ( access panel ) hole and the speedometer went in the smaller hole...assuming that the sensor in the side of the bilge is a speed sensor.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by captain jack; 12-22-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook