SailNet Community - View Single Post - Pros and cons of steel sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Pros and cons of steel sailboats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Swain View Post
Had you been alive in their time, you would have heckled them mercilessly, and declared them all luddite morons. You are definitely of the groupthink , whatever is in style to think at the moment, type of advocate. Only the passage of time, and history since then, gives you the benefit of hindsight, foresight not being anywhere in your makeup.
I don't wear makeup.

As I said, I love innovation and new technologies - and admire those who enable them. Luddites, on the other hand, are those who fight against these things. You are absolutely one of these. And you absolutely are not anywhere near those geniuses you list. They were right -as time has proven. You are mostly wrong - also as time has proven. It's really that simple.

But keep dreaming dude...if it helps.

(Oh - and Merry Christmas you old Grinch you.)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40

Last edited by smackdaddy; 12-22-2013 at 09:34 PM.