SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Jabuka regatta

Yes you are right. I have posted the movies because they are nice but this is a 3rd rate race.

That's why I didn't bother to see the boat relative times. It only makes sense on top races were you know that there are many well sailed boats. Here, on this type of Croatia races, many guys just charter boats to race and have fun, they are just a bunch of friends not a properly trained crew and they don't know that particular boat, even if they have sailed one similar.

It seems to me that it is blowing more than 30K by the First 45 sail configuration. Maybe 35/40K?

Next one where it will make sense to look at comparative performances is the Sydney Hobart where for several years the First 40 have proved consistently faster than the class40. Lots of upwind sailing in big seas are just not the ideal playground for a class40, but it is perfect for a relatively heavy and narrower boat like the First.

Last year the winner on compensated and by far the best of the production smaller boats was a Sydney 43 that made a hell of the race. I like a lot that boat and I am very curious about the 37ft. I believe that if the Sydney 43 sell in Europe and I believe it will sell, they produce the 37.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook