SailNet Community - View Single Post - A boat dream!
Thread: A boat dream!
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007

pjboots is on a distinguished road
I have placed a call to a surveying company that is associated with SAMS (Nor-Pac Marine Surveyors & Sons, LLC, 4414 John Luhr Road, NE, Olympia, Washington 98516). I will do my best to get a surveyor in to look at the boat. Does anyone have experiance with these surveyors? I am looking local as a surveyor from Vancouver area will have to travel 300km.

As for cost of ownership. I will be keeping the boat on a mooring block for the summer then bringing it into the harbour for the winter (140 per month). I am aware that the boat will need up-keep and am able to cover these costs. As for the power washing question I only ask because of this line on the sales agreement: "Vessal shall be demonstrated at seller's expense to Purchaser's satisfaction. Upon satisfaction, Purchaser shall date and initial here." What does this mean then? It is true that I can not buy a boat worth more than 8-10 thousand but does this mean that I can not reasonably own a boat? I checked on insurance and can insure the boat for about 600 a year.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook