SailNet Community - View Single Post - to cut or not to cut. that is the question.
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2013

captain jack is on a distinguished road
Re: to cut or not to cut. that is the question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faster View Post
For sure no access from the quarterberth below? or from the cockpit locker opposite (under cockpit and that way??) I expect you've checked that, but just asking ..

Know any small people that might get around/under the cockpit?

A cutout in the side of the cockpit backrest wouldn't be horrible, and you could buy a cover plate like:

Make sure it's big enough to get your arm through.. Might even create some useful storage space.

lol. yeah. you should have seen me trying to stuff myself into that locker. no way i could fit through there but i did try. leave no stone unturned, i always say. i tried to get to it through the quarter berth. there is a wall about 3 inches before you could reach the cleat. i had considered trying to cut a hole in that and reaching through but i don't know how wise, structurally, that would be...plus, i'm not keen on reaching my arm, blindly, into a small hole into an unknown space. but if you think that would be better than an access port through the backrest...

that's the kind of access panel i was speaking of. they make them to where they have to be pried out, aswell. there is one in the side of the port bench, in the cockpit, already, but i can't even get near those screws that way.

1971 Cal 27

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook