SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anchor windlass installation on CS36T - What's your set-up?
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2013

NorthernPilgrim is on a distinguished road
Anchor windlass installation on CS36T - What's your set-up?

I want to add an electric windlass to my CS36T and would like know how other CS36t owners have done this and what you like and don't like about your set-up.
-What kind of windlass have you got, vertical or horizontal?
-How have you provided for a deep enough rode locker for the chain to fall without jamming?
-Will I have to glass in a new bulkhead to provide a sealed off, deeper rode locker so as to keep the muck the rode brings in out of the bilge?
-Will I have to sacrifice the existing shallow, deck-accessible anchor locker or is there a way I can keep it to house a secondary rode? If so, What happens to the shore power connection that lives in that locker?
My present, hand-over-hand method of weighing anchor is ok for the part of the season when I have crew, but I single hand for a couple of months every year, most of that time at anchor, and getting the anchor up manually in any significant wind and chop is a challenge my old bones can now do without!
I hope that your collective wisdom and experience will prevent me from making (too many) mistakes.

Last edited by NorthernPilgrim; 12-27-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook